Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clara's Poormans meal - my way

This was so good!! I found the video of Clara Cannucciara on Dollar stretcher.com

My portions for my family of 4-2 of which are male tweenage eaters is::

2 pounds of potatoes chopped into small cubes(peeling optional)$1.00
1/2 onion chopped finely $.10
1T garlic chopped finely $.05
4 sliced hot dogs $.50
1/4 C spaghetti sauce $.25
1 cup water free
oil, pepper $.10

Directions::
use oil to cook the potatoes,pepper, onion and garlic about 10 minutes, add spaghetti sauce stir throughout, add sliced hot dogs cook 2 minutes then start adding the water so it creates a sauce and reduces. This should take about 25-30 minutes total.
This meal cost me about $2.00 to make to serve my family of 4.
I served honeydew alongside so $3.00 total cost and my guys loved it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment